Packing is one of the hardest and time-consuming moving tasks. It is more than just tossing all your stuff in a box and sealing it with a tap.
It’s also vital to use high-quality packing supplies to ensure all your valuable possessions reach intact at your new address.
However, if you are hiring a reliable moving company, keep all your worries aside. They have all the packing supplies and tools that can make your move effortless and a stress-free experience.
Visit https://www.cbdmovers.com.au/removals/removalists-melbourne/ and ask for a quote.
If you are self-moving, read this blog to know all the supplies that you will need to pack your stuff:
Boxes are the most important supplies to make the packing process a lot easier.
Depending on the type and amount of your stuff, you will need different sizes and variety of boxes:
- Small box: Store items like books, shoes, small appliances and more.
- Medium box: Suitable for packing items like pots, pans, toys, lamps, kitchen utensils, etc.
- Large box. Ideal for lightweight items like pillows, blankets and clothing.
- Dish packs: These boxes have cell dividers to pack bowls, glasses, dishes and other kitchenware.
- Mirror box: Pack your mirrors, glass tabletops and large picture frames.
- Custom crates. Pack antiques, artwork or anything large and delicate.
- Wardrobe boxes. These come with a bar for hanging clothes and curtains.
However, packing and loading your stuff can cause you a serious injury. Hire top movers and packers in Sydney who have expertise in handling the entire process with the highest standards of safety and effectiveness.
To provide internal protection to all your fragile and delicate items, you’ll need adequate material that can absorb shock and prevent contents from shifting and sliding.
- Newspaper: Fill the gaps inside the boxes with newspaper for extra shock absorption.
- Packing peanuts: Static-free, inexpensive, non-toxic and safeguard your items during the transition.
- Foam sheets: These provide a soft cushion to your items and prevent them from getting damaged.
- Biodegradable bubble wrap: Being eco-friendly and biodegradable, these offer excellent protection against shocks and vibrations while moving items.
- Moving blankets: Protect furniture, appliances and other bulky pieces against scratches and dents.
If you are hiring the best removalists in Ballarat, make sure to provide them with a list of your stuff so that they can bring enough cushioning supplies with them.
. Plastic wrap
Plastic wrap is one of the most effective packing materials that keep your belongings safe during the hustle and bustle of moving.
It is extremely versatile, durable, cheap and eco-friendly
You can use plastic wrap for several purposes:
- Secure wrappings and protective materials around your furniture, appliances, and other household items
- Protect your items against dust and dirt
- Keep furniture doors and drawers closed
- Keep the contents of a drawer inside
- Prevent liquids from spilling by leak proofing the bottles and containers
- Bundle like items together
- Secure power cords and wires
Bags are inexpensive and practical packing items that come very handy.
You can use different types of bags like:
- Suitcases and travel bags for packing books, clothes and other heavy items.
- Sealable bags to keep various small items together.
- Vacuum bags are a space-saving option for packing pillows, blankets, clothes, etc.
- Mattress bags protect your mattresses against any dust and dirt during the move.
- Trash bags are ideal for packing lightweight items.
5. Packing tape
There is no point in using the right quality of packing and cushioning supplies if you have not sealed all your moving boxes properly.
Use high-quality tape to seal the top and bottom of all the moving boxes.
This will protect your items against any damage that may occur while lifting, loading and unloading stuff.
6. Labelling supplies
When it comes to packing your stuff, labelling your boxes is often the most overlooked step.
However, labelling boxes make it easier for you and your removalists in Perth to know the contents of the box and make the unloading and unpacking process much easier.
Some of the labelling supplies are:
- Moving labels
- Permanent markers
- Colour-coded stickers
In the end…
Having adequate packing supplies on hand can help you stay ahead of your move and even your most fragile items can survive the toughest aspects of a move.
However, you must know the proper techniques to pack your belongings, else you may damage them.
Hire a moving company that can help you stay organised, protect your stuff and ease the entire process. Visit this website and seek professional help.